With many years experience in a variety of aged, community & acute health settings, I have substantial expertise in a wide range of skills and knowledge at many levels including:
- Executive/General Manager, with a multifaceted background and business qualifications.
- Management and leadership of many health divisions during significant growth and development phase.
- Restructured many systems and processes to increase effectiveness and improve outcomes for clients.
- Analysed and recommended system and process changes to achieve strategic objectives.
- Vision and passion for customer service approach for all stakeholders incorporating consultation processes.
- Participated in industry issues at the macro level to influence and inform relevant project and government teams.
- Aware of legislation and corporate governance requirements.
- Developed and mentored cohesive, high performing teams.
- Aged Care Quality Assessment Course
- Master of Health Service Management
- Graduate Diploma in Management Health Services
- Graduate Diploma in Health Counselling
- Certificate of Nursing
Recent project experience
- Part time consultancy for a mental health aged care facility
- Two successful applications for bed licences in 2011 ACAR
- Nurse Advisor for an aged care facility that was under sanctions. They have successfully been re accredited
- Regular visits to aged care homes as an External Assessor for the Aged Care Standards and Accreditation Agency
- Performance review of an organisation’s residential aged care facilities with long term strategic recommendations